What's on the horizon?
In the next few months our construction team is targeting several aspects of this facility that will offer immediate usage and improvement to currently utilized areas. In the extended future this team will be moving into the unused part of the GIC, strategically opening areas as quickly as possible.
We are currently working on:
- Finishing Bathroom work (paint, installation of stalls, tile and grout (womens restroom), intallation of baseboards
- Update the electrical work in the HUB (snack area) and Warehouse: enhance electrical capabilities, removed exposed wires, channel new wiring through MC cable
- Complete the HUB renovation (snack area): paint, electrical, purchase high rise chairs for new tables
- Paint the Warehouse
- Update sound system in Warehouse
- Begin construction of batting cage area behind the Warehouse
How can you help?
You can invest in the Grace Chapel capital campaign in one of three ways:
- Sweat Equity- The majority of our projects are being completed by volunteers as we strive to build this facility as a community. If you are interested in working with our construction team on future projects please contact Chris Cox at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a great opportunity to share your skill set, serve with your family, or give a few hours to a great project!
- Share your resources- One way to contribute is by contributing resources to the the project. The contribution of building materials will enhance our ability to finish projects at the lowest possible financial cost!
- Make a financial contribution to the Grace Chapel Capital Campaign. Each donation is tax deductible and will go directly to the capital campaign fund. You can make contributions at any time and for any amount. Capital campaign envelopes are available at the Grace Chapel ministry center. Contact Jeff Greer at JGreer@grace-chapel.com for more information.
What’s Been Done So Far? Here’s a LOOK INSIDE…
A tremendous amount of work has been completed on our campus as a result of your partnership and sacrifice. We wanted to take this opportunity to share some of that with you. Some of the progress is not as evident to the average observer, but LOOK INSIDE and you will see that MAJOR infrastructure elements to this project have been completed providing the necessary foundation for work yet to come. Here is what has been achieved so far:
- Finished walls in the Ministry Center
- Finished the Ten minute party area in the Worship Center
- Finished the block walls in Grace Impact Center
- New Fencing around New2You Thrift store
- New lighting in parking lot and behind Grace Impact center
- Roof repair on New2You
- Landscaping on rt.42 and in front of Grace office
- New carpet in Worship Center foyer
- Complete Renovation of the Food Pantry
- New landscaping in front of the Ministry Center
- 4-inch concrete cap on the floor of the back half of the Sports Center
- Major electrical service overhaul resulting in removal of several unsightly poles and transformers on campus and installation of outdoor lighting
- Repair and re-surfacing of the entire roof of the Grace Impact Center
- New concrete curbs in significant portions of the parking lot
- Significant HV/AC work in the Grace Impact Center
- $241,000 pay-down of our mortgage